These pistachio and quinoa breakfast bites can be made in batches to use later.
Pistachio and quinoa breakfast bites
These pistachio and quinoa breakfast bites are gluten-free, low in sat-fat and high in fibre! They’re a great option for breakfast lovers who don’t have much time in the mornings.
What you need for pistachio and quinoa breakfast bites:
- 60g quinoa, rinsed
- 100g shelled pistachio, chopped
- 200g pitted prunes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g cacao nibs or chocolate chips
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4
- Spread the quinoa and pistachio nuts on a baking tray and place in the oven at180C for 10mins. Reduce the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Allow to nuts and quinoa to cool
- Place the prunes, honey and 3 tbsp water in a blender and puree. Spoon the prune mixture into a large bowl and mix with the quinoa, pistachios and cacao nibs.
- Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15mins, then cut into 12 slices.
Per serving: 148cals, 9g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 4g protein, 3.5g fibre, 12g carbohydrate, 8g sugar, 0.1g salt
Recipe developed by nutritionist Fiona Hunter.
Love this recipe? Why not these healthy breakfast ideas under 200 calories?