Frosé is the latest cocktail trend to sweep the internet. Essentially just another way to enjoy a delicious glass of rosé wine, Frosé is a frozen cocktail made by combining frozen rosé wine, lemon juice and sugar.
And you can now get your frosé hit in delicious, ice lolly form too. We know – how good does that sound?! Made using wine and fresh raspberries, Ocado now stock their own frosé lollies, and they’re the perfect solution for cooling down in the hotter weather. We’re going to stock up…
And frosé is going down a storm stateside too! According to the Wall Street Journal, it’s becoming the biggest boozy summer trend for New Yorkers. And if the fashionable set across the pond are loving it, who are we to say any different?
Inspired by the Instagram snaps? Tempted to give it a try? Then give this recipe a go…
(Makes 6 glasses)
- 1 bottle rosé – Aldi’s Kooliburra Rosé and Toro Loco Rosé will hold their colour well
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Make a simple syrup – in a small pan, bring the sugar, water, lemon zest and lemon juice to a boil. Stir until sugar has dissolved
- Strain the simple syrup and let it cool
- Pour the rosé into a 33 x 23 x 5 cm baking dish. Freeze until almost solid (at least three hours)
- Use a spoon to scrape and stir the frozen rosé into smaller crystals. Stir in the simple syrup to taste. Return to the freezer until ready to serve
Have you given Frosé a try? Share your snaps with us on our Facebook page!