Our edit of the hottest coats to buy now...
Feast your eyes on the new season coats dropping into stores and online now! From classic camel trenches to bright checked coats, it’s time to invest in a new winter cover- up for the season ahead. Try a black or navy streamline coat for the office and a cropped wool style for the weekend.
When shopping for your new autumn/winter coat, follow these 5 tips:
1. Make sure the arms are the right length. They should end just at your wrist.
2. Keep your shape with a belted style if you’re petite and big coats swamp you.
3. Buy into this seasons ‘it’ colours of burgandy, maroon, khaki and teal. They all work really well with indigo jeans and tan boots.
4. If you like to cover your bottom and hips, go for a long length or even maxi wrap style to give you the coverage you need.
5. Go for quality. British weather means you’ll most certainly get the wear out of your coat! So make sure you buy one that will last and be prepared to pay around the £100 mark. If you like to wear a different coat each day of the week then by all means grab a bargain in Primark!
So what are you waiting for, get clicking!
Burgundy wrap coat, £39.99, New Look
Pea coat, £49.99, H&M
Oversized coat in heritage check, £85, Asos
Tan Suedette coat, £49.99, New Look
Khaki pea coat, £55, Next
Autograph leopard print coat, £129, M&S
Faux fur coat, £59, Dorothy Perkins
Cream checked coat, £59.99, Zara
Green coat, £129, M&S
Khaki coat, £120, ASOS
Teal coat, £90, Warehouse
Suede jacket, £75, ASOS
Tan trench, £49, Dorothy Perkins
Suede trench, £150, F&F
Khaki cocoon coat, £129, Finery
Burgundy cape, £24.99, H&M
Checked coat, £79, JD Williams
Bomber jacket, £69.99, Mango
Orange coat, £34.99, Mango
Cream cape, £69, Miss Selfridge
Jacket by Nine By Savannah Miller at Debenhams
Check coatigan, £80, River Island
Cropped jacket, £55, Topshop
Wool blend coat, £89, Topshop
Navy jacket, £39.90, Uniqlo
Lifestyle Director Kath Brown talks us through her favourite coat of the season below…