Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
You will need:
– 2 grapefruit
– 2-4 black cardamom pods, depending on size
– 2-4 tbsp caster or demerara sugar
1. Set the grill to hot.
2. Halve the grapefruits and use a grapefruit knife to loosen the segments in the skin.
3. Put on a baking sheet.
4. Crush the cardamom pods with a rolling pin or in a pestle and mortar.
5. Discard the husk and roughly crush the seeds.
6. Sprinkle over the grapefruit and then sprinkle with sugar.
7. Put the fruit under the grill for a few minutes to warm through and for the sugar to caramelise.