This turkey, bacon and lentil soup is filling and tasty – the perfect winter warmer that also makes a great Boxing Day recipe to cook with leftovers!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can green lentils, drained
125g cooked turkey, shredded into bite size pieces
1 very small onion, finely chopped
4 rashers bacon, finely sl
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 stick celery, finely diced
1 Tbsp oil
750ml vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and fry until soft.
- Add the bacon and continue frying for three minutes.
- Next add the garlic, carrot and celery, then fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaf and lentils, simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, discard the bay leaf, remove half the soup and liquidise to a smooth consistency.
- Return the liquidised soup to the pan.
- Stir in the cooked turkey and heat through, adjusting the consistency of the soup with more stock if necessary.