A twist on the classic turkey burger with this thai-style recipe from Slimming World. A low fat and guilt-free cheat meal for mid-week munchies!
PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
For the chips:
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Sea salt
For the burgers:
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 650g lean turkey mince (5% fat or less)
- Small handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls, split
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons ✱ 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 12 red radishes, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the spicy mayo:
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- 2 level tbsp extra-light mayo
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Boil the chips for 3-4 mins, then drain, shaking them to roughen up the edges. Transfer to a baking tray in a single layer, spritz with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the garlic, onion, mince, coriander, mint, chilli and lemongrass in a blender and whizz together. Divide into 4 and shape into burgers. Grill for 15-20 mins, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Put the cucumber, carrots, radishes and lemon juice in a bowl, season and toss well. In another bowl, mix the paprika and mayonnaise.
- Toast the rolls for 1-2 mins. Layer the lettuce, onion and tomato on the base. Top with the burger and 1/2tbsp of the mayo, then the roll lid. Season the chips and serve.