This fantastic and very simple pudding comes from the Limousin region of France, where it is traditionally made with sour morello cherries. This Slimming World recipe uses raspberries for convenience.
SERVES – 6
READY IN – 45 mins, plus cooling
You will need:
Low calorie cooking spray
Finely grated zest of ½ orange
4 tsp sweetener
3 eggs, separated
3 level tbsp plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 level tbsp ground almonds
3 tbsp skimmed milk
a pinch of salt
Fat free natural fromage frais, sweetened to taste, to serve
How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Lightly spray a round, shallow 23cm baking dish with low calorie cooking spray. Add three-quarters of the raspberries and scatter over most of the orange zest and half the sweetener.
3. Beat the egg yolks and remaining sweetener together (with an electric hand mixer if you have one) until light and airy. Fold in the flour, vanilla extract, almonds and milk.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Fold the whites gently into the batter until just blended.
5. Spoon the batter over the raspberries, scatter the remaining raspberries on top and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the batter has puffed up and is lightly browned.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little. Scatter over the remaining orange zest and serve warm with fat free fromage frais.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s Mediterranean Magic, which is available in all Slimming World groups now. Visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000 to find your nearest group.
Photos: Slimming World/Lara Holmes.