PREP 15 MINS
COOK 30 MINS
1 butternut squash, seeds removed, cut into chunks
2 carrots, roughly chopped
3 thyme sprigs
2tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, cut into wedges
2 garlic cloves, crushed
125g giant couscous
300ml vegetable stock
400g can chickpeas, drained
4tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the oven to 200C, Gas 6. Put the squash and carrots in a large roasting tin. Sprinkle over the thyme, 1tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Roast for 15 mins.
2. Add the onions, garlic and 1tsp oil to the roasting tin. Stir and turn the vegetables and cook for 15 mins more until tender and just beginning to char.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry couscous until golden, pour over hot stock and boil for 5 mins until tender.
4. Combine the roasted vegetbales with the couscous and chick peas.
5. Serve in bowls, topped with rocket, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Per serving: 285 calories, 7.5g fat (1g saturated), 46g carbohydrates