An easy roast duck breast with cherry sauce recipe that comes in under 500 calories per portion!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
½ 425g can black cherries in syrup, drained and halved, syrup reserved
2 duck breasts
1 tsp oil
1 shallot, sliced
1 tsp cornflour
1 Tbsp cold water
To serve: bag of baby spinach, dauphinoise potatoes
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6, 200°C or for a fan oven 180°C.
2. Heat a frying pan until hot and then place the duck breasts fat side down ,and allow to cook for three or four minutes until the fat is crisp and golden.
3. Turn the duck breasts over and cook for a further three or four minutes on the underside.
4. Place the duck breasts in a roasting tin and put in the oven to continue roasting for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the duck breasts from oven, place on a warmed plate wrapped in kitchen foil, and allow them to rest for five minutes.
6. To make the cherry sauce, heat oil in a small pan and fry the shallot until soft.
7. Stir in the cherries and syrup, and heat through.
8. Dissolve the cornflour in water and add to the pan, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
9. To serve, microwave spinach according to pack instructions. Divide between two warm plates.
10. Slice the duck diagonally and fan around the spinach.
11. Pour over the cherry sauce and serve the roast duck breast with dauphinoise potatoes.