At just 84p per serving, dinner doesn’t get any better value than this!
Ready in 25 mins
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 frozen boneless chicken thighs, defrosted
- 4 blocks medium egg noodles
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 250g carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced diagonally
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok, add the chicken and fry for 5 mins. Leave to simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a pan and return to the boil. Add the blocks of egg noodles and cook for 4 mins, until tender.
- Add 2tbsp soy sauce, the garlic and pepper strips to the wok. Cook for a further 2 mins. Stir in the carrot ribbons and cook for another 2 mins.
- Drain the noodles, add to the pan with the remaining soy sauce and spring onions. Stir to mix and serve immediately.
For more delicious dinners under £1, check out these amazing ideas…
Nutrition per serving 431 cals, 7g fat (1g saturates), 61g carbs
Let us know if you try this dish at home! We’d love to hear what you think!