Ever tried cauliflower pizza? It’s delicious and a tasty new way to enjoy the Italian favourite, whilst keeping the calories down. It’s so easy to make your own veggie base, and it’s one the whole family will love.
SERVES – 3
PREP TIME – 15 MINS
COOK TIME – 20 MINS
- 650g cauliflower
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 40g finely grated Parmesan
- 1tbsp thickening granules (we used McDougalls)
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g light mozzarella, drained
- A few basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 230, Gas 8. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Blitz in a processor until it looks like crumbs.
2. Tip into a bowl. Add a little salt, the egg, Parmesan and thickening granules. Stir together to thoroughly combine.
3. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Using a palette knife, spread the cauliflower mixture onto the tray.
4. Bake for 10 mins until golden and firm.
5. Meanwhile, drain the tomatoes. Spread them with 1tbsp of the juice over the ‘pizza’ base. Sprinkle with the garlic.
6. Chop the mozzarella into small cubes and scatter over the pizza base, along with the basil.
7. Bake for 10 mins, until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve.
227 calories per serving