Lose weight in face is one of the most Googled search terms about weight loss. It seems that there are thousands of us striving to find the key to our ultimate weight loss dilemma – how can you lose weight from your face?
Well, the bad news is, there is no specific way to target weight loss to just one part of your body. Including your face! So the way to lose weight in your face is to focus on losing weight overall. The best way to achieve this is through exercise and a balanced, healthy diet.
However, there is some good news too. Although as our experts point out you can’t target your face specifically when losing weight, PT Carly Yue has some reassuring words about exercising! “You’ll usually lose fat from your face first” says Carly. So stick at your chosen exercise and diet and you should see the results you want first!
So, what else do the experts recommend for people looking to lose weight in their face? Here’s what they said…
Lucy Locket Loves, Personal Trainer, Fitness & Nutrition Coach, recommends:
“Make sure you’re super hydrated and drinking enough water – water plays such a vital role in weight loss and tracking your water intake will not only help your shift the lbs but also do wonders for you skin at the same time, helping you glow!”
It’s all about the inside out!
Make Your Switch’s fitness ambassador Stuart Pilkington says that your diet is always number one when it comes to weight loss:
“Your skin condition can transform the appearance of your skin. Creams don’t cut it. Your body repairs from the inside out and only a diet rich in nutrients and minerals can reduce blemishes, swelling & excess water all of which give the appearance of a bigger face. Focus on green vegetables & healthy fats such as avocado, almonds, walnuts.”
Get some weight behind it
Kay Justice, personal trainer at KJ Nutrition & Fitness points out, “Losing weight in your face is something you can’t do without seeing a change in the rest of your body. Cardio exercise is great to burn fat so doing this you’ll definitely see a change. However, once you end your cardio session the fat burning ends too. To continue burning fat after you’ve exercised you need to put in some sessions with weights. By building your muscle mass you naturally increase your metabolic rate so your body ticks over at a greater rate, burning calories faster.”
Qualified personal trainer, nutritionist, and published fitness author Carly Yue suggests cutting back on alcoholic drinks! If you don’t want to cut alcohol out full stop, try and scale back that nightly glass of red, or cheeky G&T, to see results. “Cut down on alcohol which makes your cheeks and face puffy and swollen” Carly says.
Try a facial work out!
John O Neill, personal trainer at Club Vitae gym, Clayton Hotel Limerick, points out that with so many muscles in your face, there are actually some specific exercises you can do to help tone up. Here are John’s top tips for toning up those facial muscles:
“The human face typically has 43 muscles. The following exercises will help to tone up 40 or so muscles in your face to give it a slimmer appearance…
- To tone the muscles around your mouth, say X and O in a row. This exercise makes your facial muscles contract and move. Do this exercise daily, repeating it as many times as you can.
- Help get rid of chubby cheeks by toning your cheek muscles. All you have to do is make a fish face by sucking in your cheeks. Repeat 20 times every day for positive results.
- Get all your facial muscles working by opening your mouth widely and roundly. Hold the position for 5 seconds and relax. Repeat up to 30 times over a day.
- Fill your mouth with air so that your face looks fat and round. Keeping your lips closed, move the air in your mouth from side to side. Do this for 5 minutes over a day.
- With facial massage you can lose considerable amount of fat from your face by regular facial massage. It enhances oxygen and blood circulation which, in turn, helps tighten your skin.”