Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 Hour 35 mins
* 2 lemons
* 50b butter, at room temperature
* Sage leaves, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves
*1.5kg cornfed chicken
*300ml white wine
*1tbsp chicken seasoning ( we like Bart’s)
1. Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon, cut into wedges.
2. Put most of the butter into a bowl, season with salt and ground black pepper, add the lemon zest and 2tsp each of thyme leaves and sage leaves. Mix together.
3. Pop a few lemon wedges into the chicken cavity with half the garlic and a few sprigs of thyme and sage.
4. Slide your fingers between the skin and the breast, spread the herb butter over the flesh. Replace the skin flap and secure under the chicken with a wooden skewer.
5. Put the chicken into a roasting tin with the wine. Squeeze over the rest of the lemon and sprinkle on the chicken seasoning with sprigs of thyme and sage. Dot over the reserved butter. Put the squeezed wedges into the tin too.
6. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hr 20 mins. Remove the lid and roast for 15 mins to lightly brown.
Per serving 470 cals, 21g fat ( 11g saturated) 5g carbs