Vicki from Honest Mum has come up with this delicious and nutritious time saving breakfast idea… And it is under 300 cals, too!
Sometimes finding healthy breakfast ideas can get a bit tiresome.
There are only so many ways to eat an egg that will satisfy, right?
So I decided to get back to basics with this delicious Greek yoghurt breakfast pot to get you excited about brekkie again!
It is delicious, healthy and high in protein and slow releasing carbs… plus kids love it!
The perfect breakfast!
What you will need:
Granola (makes 15 portions)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (70% & above)
- dash of cinnamon
- 300g rolled oats
- Greek Yoghurt (3/4 of a 500g pot for 2 servings)
- Dash of desiccated coconut
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
What to do:
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon and oats in a large bowl.
- Place on 2 baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes then stir and bake for another 5-10 checking it doesn’t burn.
- Once cooled place at the bottom of a glass then add yoghurt and a sprinkling of coconut, alternating until you reach the top. Dust with more coconut and add a strawberry on top.
See more fab recipes from Vicki Psarias at Honest Mum.