A tasty homemade deli tart recipe that comes in at only 277 cals per portion. Which just goes to prove that puff pastry doesn’t have to break the diet!
- 375g pack ready-rolled lighter puff pastry
- 1tbsp milk (optional)
- 250g tub ricotta cheese
- 75g SunBlush tomatoes, oil reserved
- 8 slices Parma ham, roughly torn
- Small handful of rocket
- Heat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Unroll the pastry on to the lined baking sheet and trim the edges. Using a sharp knife, mark a border 2cm from the edge. Score the centre of the pastry and prick all over with fork.
- Brush the border with a little milk, if liked, and bake for 20-25 mins until puffed up, crisp and golden. Cool slightly.
- Mix the ricotta with 1tbsp oil from the SunBlush tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread the ricotta over the centre of the tart and scatter with the tomatoes, ham and rocket. Drizzle over some extra tomato oil and a grinding of black pepper to serve.
Per serving of Homemade deli tart: 277 cals, 23g fat (11.5g saturated), 4g carbs
Food Ed’s tip: You can easily make this tart gluten-free by using a pack of chilled gluten-free pastry
More low-cal recipes:
Good, low-cal food, fast!
The clocks have changed, and the weather is getting warmer, so say goodbye to soup and embrace these colourful salads
You can indulge with these low-cal recipes!
Fed-up of the same boring dinners and weekend lunches? Then why not try a tasty, low calorie stir fry –…
Get one of your 5-a-day the easy (and delicious) way!