This Slimming World recipe for a home-made meat-feast pizza is the perfect Friday night treat!
PREP: 30 MINS
COOK: 1 HOUR 5 MINS
For the dough:
- 125g strong bread flour
- 7g sachet instant active yeast
- 1tsp salt
For the tomato sauce:
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4tbsp tomato purée
- Small handful finely chopped fresh basil
For the topping:
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 6 back bacon rashers, fat removed, cut into strips
- 70g light mozzarella
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- First make the dough. Put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in 75ml warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Dust a surface lightly with flour, turn out the dough and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel.
- For the pizza sauce, put the shallots, garlic, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and most of the basil into a pan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 25 mins, until you have a thick sauce. Season, scatter over more chopped basil and spread over your pizza base.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin 22cm circle. Slide it on to a preheated baking sheet.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and beef and cook until the beef is browned. Stir in the sauce, reduce the heat and cook gently for 8-10 mins or until the beef is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon in another non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry for 5 mins or until cooked through and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6. Spoon the beef over your pizza base and scatter the bacon strips and mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15-20 mins. Scatter with basil and serve.