This Eggs Benedict recipe by Pippa Middleton is the perfect way to start the day! Pippa says of one of her favourite breakfast dishes, “Not only is this dish a flavour-filled way to start the day, it’s quick to put together and full of nutrition. Eggs are high in protein. Spinach comes with iron. Salmon is a good source of omega-3 fats. And wholemeal muffins provide us with starchy carbohydrates and fibre.”
PREPARE: 10 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
- 4 large eggs
- 400g bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche 1–2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 wholemeal muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
235 Kcal/987 kJ
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Crack an egg into a cup, then gently tip into the boiling water. Repeat for the remaining eggs, then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes until they’re softly set.
- Meanwhile, rinse the spinach and – with some of the water still clinging to the leaves – place in a large saucepan. Cover with
a lid and cook gently for 2 minutes until wilted. Tip into a colander and press to remove any excess liquid, then tip into a bowl and mix in the crème fraîche and mustard. Spoon the mixture onto the toasted muffins, then top each with smoked salmon.
- Gently lift the eggs out of the hot water with a slotted spoon and place on top of the smoked salmon slices. Sprinkle over the chives, with a good grinding of black pepper, then serve swiftly with the Saffron Yoghurt Aioli spooned over the top.
Note: Using half-fat crème fraîche for the sauce makes this a lighter, healthier choice than traditional hollandaise, which is made with melted butter.
Discover more delicious Pippa Middleton recipes and her diet secrets…