A tasty CARB-RICH breakfast from The Body Coach, aka Joe Wicks…
What you need:
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 thick slice of white bread, crusts removed
½ tbsp coconut oil
1 banana, sliced, to serve
Small handful of blueberries and some maple syrup, to serve
What you need to do:
- Separate the yolk and the white of the egg. Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract to the yolk and whisk together until totally combined.Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl until it becomes light and frothy. Tip the frothy white into the yolk mixture and, with a light hand, fold in – don’t become too obsessed with completely incorporating them into each other.
- 2Dip the bread into the mixture, turning it a couple of times for even coverage. Let the bread sit in the mixture for a minute or so, to absorb as much of the tastiness as possible.
- 3Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat and then carefully lay the soaked slice of bread in the pan. Fry the bread for about 2 mins on each side, keeping an eye out to ensure it doesn’t burn. Y
- our French toast should be gloriously golden and spongy to the touch when finished. When you are happy that it is cooked, place it on to a clean piece of kitchen roll to remove any excess fat.
- Serve up topped with banana slices, blueberries and a final drizzle of maple syrup.
All recipes are taken from Lean In 15: The Shape Plan (£16.99, Bluebird).