Friends and family will love this delicious chicken burger that comes packed with extra flavours.
What you need:
For the chicken:
Serves 4 (you can freeze 3 portions)
Ready in 40 minutes
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 level tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp passata
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp celery salt
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp chilli powder
3 tsp barbecue seasoning (we used Schwartz Classic BBQ Herb & Spice Blend)
8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs (not the frozen variety)
For the garnish and fries:
Ready in 20 minutes
1 level tsp extra-light mayonnaise
2 tsp fat free natural fromage frais
60g wholemeal roll, halved
lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion
250g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into thin fries
low calorie cooking spray
salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Put the vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, passata, garlic, pepper, celery salt, ground coriander, chilli powder and 1 teaspoon of barbecue seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Make a few cuts in each chicken thigh using a sharp knife and toss them in the marinade to coat evenly.
- Tip into a non-stick roasting tin and sprinkle over the remaining barbecue seasoning. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through, basting with the juices occasionally.
- Allow the rest of the chicken to cool completely then divide into 4 portions. At this point you can freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost thoroughly before reheating.
- Cook the fries in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes then drain and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and cook in the the oven at 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. for 12-15. Season with salt
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken with two forks and, if you cooked ahead, reheat thoroughly in the microwave on high for 1½ minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and fromage frais, season to taste and spread on to the roll. Fill the roll with the lettuce, tomato, onion and shredded chicken.
Slimming World’s Meals for One is available to buy in all Slimming World groups in the UK and Ireland, priced at £4.95/€7.95. To discover more recipe inspiration, or to find your nearest group, visit slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000. Photos: Slimming World’s Meals for One/Lara Holmes