This Slimming world Aromatic lamb navarin is an ideal Sunday meal, and there are only three easy steps to follow to make it. Lamb stew with a twist – lamb and chunky vegetable slowly cooked in a stock flavoured with cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and mixed herbs – it doesn’t get tastier than this!
Ready in about 8 hours
- 900g lean lamb fillet or leg steaks, all visible fat removed
- 200g baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 baby courgettes, halved lengthways and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 200ml lamb stock
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker pot, season and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves, check the seasoning and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
All recipes are taken from Slimming World’s collection. To discover more recipe inspiration, or to find your nearest group, visit slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000.
For more amazing Slimming World recipes, click here…