PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 2 peppers, one red and one yellow, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large courgette, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 slices ciabatta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 4 x 175g pieces cod loin
- Heat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7. Put the peppers, onion, courgette and cherry tomatoes in a large roasting tin. Add the thyme, 2tbsp olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss together well. Roast in the oven for 10 mins.
- Blitz the ciabatta in a food processor to make coarse crumbs and mix with the garlic, basil and 1tbsp olive oil. Put the pieces of cod on to the roasted vegetables and spoon the crumbs on the top. Return to the oven and roast for a further 15 mins until the vegetables are tender and the cod is cooked through.
Per serving of fish supper: 303 cals, 11g fat (2g saturated), 16g carbs
Food Ed’s tip: We’ve used cod but salmon is just as good for this fish supper dish
More low-cal recipes:
Fed-up of the same boring dinners and weekend lunches? Then why not try a tasty, low calorie stir fry –…
Don't order a takeaway this week, make it instead
Less calories without compromising on the flavour - win!
Good, low-cal food, fast!
Watch our 15 second video and find out how you can make a dough-less, delicious pizza at home!
Get one of your 5-a-day the easy (and delicious) way!
These tasty little numbers are all under 200 calories, so they won't break the diet...