Sometimes it’s hard to enjoy your favourite foods when you are trying to be healthy or you are following a diet, which is why we wanted to share our quick video of how to make a low calorie pizza using store cupboard essentials! Totally dough free and quick and easy, this basic pizza recipe is made using a flour tortilla that you can top with anything! We chose tomatoes, garlic, olives, mushrooms and low fat mozzarella but you could use chicken, rocket, tuna, prawns and much more!
Our video is only 15 seconds long so it’s as speedy to watch as the pizza is to make!
One soft tortilla wrap
Two tablespoons of garlic puree paste
200g of tinned tomatoes (or less depending on your preference)
4/5 chopped mushrooms
Handful of chopped black or green olives
Half a portion of low-fat mozzarella cheese, sliced
Sprinkle of dried oregano
- Add your garlic puree to your tortilla and spread evenly
- Spoon on your tomatoes and cover the whole base
- Add your chopped mushrooms and olives
- Slice your cheese and cover the top
- Sprinkle with oregano
- Pop into the over at 200 degrees and cook for 10-12 minutes
- When the outer edges are crispy remove and eat
- Add as many toppings as you want to this such as tuna, chicken, vegetables and more to create the ultimate mid-week meal!
- Swap the mozzarella for cheddar cheese but just watch it doesn’t burn quicker in the oven
- Freeze your wraps and use one as and when you need it for a quick meal solution
- Try adding a spoonful of pesto to your base for a new twist
Watch our 15 second video to 49 calorie flour free pancakes here