Cook up the Boxing Day breakfast of champions with this delicious recipe!
- 400g Roast Potatoes
- 250g Leftover Vegetables (Carrots, Parsnips, Sprouts)
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 4 Eggs
- 12 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas mark 7.
- Begin by frying the sliced onion in medium sized frying pan for a couple of minutes until starting to soften. Then add the roast potatoes and leftover vegetables and season with the salt and pepper.
- On a medium heat using the back of a spoon gradually press the potatoes and vegetables while they are cooking until they form together. The longer you do this the better but it should take about 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime place the bacon on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy.
- When the potatoes and vegetables have softened and mixed press it all together into the pan and then make 4 circular indentations. Crack the egg in these indents and then place the lid on the top for 5-7 minutes until the eggs have just cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Divide the breakfast hash between 4 and serve with the bacon.