SERVES – 6
PREP – 10 MINS
COOK – 1hr 40 MINS
1.3kg boned shoulder of lamb
1tbsp Mediterranean spice rub (we used Barts)
200g ready-made cous cous and roasted vegetable salad
3 red onions, cut into wedges
250ml white wine or water
Juice of 1 lemon
Few sprigs of rosemary
1tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6. Lay the lamb out flat, trimming off excess fat. Season with salt, ground black pepper and 2tsp of the Mediterranean spice rub.
2. Spread the cous cous in a strip about 10cm wide in the middle of the meat. Bring up the meat on either side to make a roll and secure with some string or skewers in at least 5 places.
3. Put the onion wedges into a large roasting tin with the wine or water. Put the lamb on top, sprinkle over the final 1tsp of Mediterranean spice rub and rosemary, drizzle with oil.
4. Roast the lamb for 20 mins then lower the heat to 150, Gas 2, then cover and roast for a further 1 hour 20 mins until golden and cooked through.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 mins before carving.
Per serving: 446 cals, 21g fat (8g saturated), 12g carbs