Mmmmm…an irresistible trio making one fabulous pudding!
Food editor’s top tip: Use chocolate spread and Mars bars for a nut-free version
PREP 20 MINS plus cooling
COOK 45 MINS
What you need:
150g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
200g dark chocolate, chopped
2 large eggs
200g curd cheese
300g full-fat soft cheese
300ml double cream, whipped, plus 4 tbsp
4 Snickers bars
50g sweet popcorn
What you need to do:
- Heat the oven to 130C/Gas ½. Grease a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper. Crush the digestives in a food processor. Pour in the melted butter and pulse until mixed.
- Tip the mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly and firmly over the base.
- Gently heat the chocolate and Nutella in a small pan until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, curd cheese and soft cheese until combined. Pour in the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. Spoon into the cake tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 mins. Cool then remove from the tin and chill for at least 4 hours.
- For the topping, spread the whipped cream over the top, swirling with the back of a spoon.
- Chop two of the Snickers bars, place in a bowl with the 4tbsp double cream and warm in the microwave until melted.
- Add the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Slice the remaining Snickers bars and pile on top of the cream with the chocolate-coated popcorn.
See more chocolate bar bakes below: