This no bake cake amazing and is really easy to make using shop bought ice cream. The perfect Easter weekend show-stopper.
Food editor’s top tip: Chocolate fingers or KitKat bars can be used instead of Malteser Bunnies
PREP 30 MINS plus freezing
What you need:
2 x 328g bags Cadbury mini eggs
2 x 500ml tubs Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, softened slightly
500ml tub Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream, softened slightly
approx 16 Malteser Bunnies, chilled
4tbsp Lotus smooth biscuit spread
What you need to do:
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with a double layer of cling film. Bash one bag of the mini eggs with the end of a rolling pin to break into pieces.
- Spoon one tub of the chocolate brownie ice cream into the lined tin and press to form an even layer. Scatter half the crushed mini eggs over the top.
- Spoon the tub of cookie dough ice cream over the top. Scatter over the remaining crushed eggs and cover with the remaining tub of brownie ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn the ice cream out of the tin and remove the cling film. Spread the back of each Malteser bunny with a little biscuit spread and stick around the outside of the ice cream cake.
- Tie a ribbon around the outside to secure and fill the centre with the remaining bag of mini eggs.
If you love Maltesers chances are you love Creme Eggs too! See the amazing Easter Creme Egg Billionaire Biscuit video below: