We all love trifle, and cheesecake is everyone’s favourite. Put them together and crown with British berries, and you’ve got a street party winner! This royal cake is a must for your weekend ahead!
PREP 30 MINS
COOK 1 HOUR
What you need:
12 trifle sponges
4tbsp sweet sherry
6tbsp raspberry jam
3tbsp caster sugar
600g cream cheese
175g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml soured cream
What you need to do:
- Heat the oven to 180C, Gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm/ 8 inch spring clip tin. Cut the trifle sponges to fit to cover the base of the tin. Drizzle over the sherry.
- Spoon the jam on the sponge and gently spread over. Scatter over 300g raspberries, 3tbsp sugar and the arrowroot.
- Stir 1tbsp cornflour into the ready-made custard and pour over the fruit.
- Put the cream cheese, golden caster sugar, vanilla and eggs in a processor. Blend to combine. Pour on top of the custard. Bake for 45 mins.
- Pour the soured cream on top of the cheesecake, bake for 15 more mins. Turn off the heat and leave in the oven for 30 mins. Cool and chill overnight.
- To serve, arrange the remaining raspberries in a union jack shape on top. Arrange triangles of blueberries in between. Chill until serving.
Per serving: 483 cals, 31g fat (19g saturated), 42g carbs