These low calorie pancakes use coconut oil to keep them healthy and yummy!
Cook Lucy Bee admits she has a slight addiction to pancakes but thankfully her addiction is a healthy one! There are SO many different ways to make pancakes but Lucy likes using either quinoa flakes, buckwheat flour (despite the name this actually a fruit seed and is gluten-free) or oats.
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 6 minutes
Allergy Information Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian
40g quinoa flakes
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
Put the bananas, egg, quinoa flakes and cinnamon in a blender and blend together.
Melt the coconut oil in a small frying pan, then pour in the pancake mixture in batches to make small pancakes. Fry for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Serve with a selection of toppings, either from the list of suggestions or your own favourite – the world’s your oyster!
- Walnuts and pumpkin seeds with cinnamon and Manuka honey
- Greek yoghurt with fruit
- Banana, peanut butter and cacao nibs
- Salted Chocolate Almond Butter
- Almond milk, cacao and Manuka honey (blended together to make a sauce) with berries
- Lemon juice with coconut sugar
- Greek yoghurt with Healthy Seed Mix
Lucy Bee Pancakes and Coconut Oil by Lucy Bee. Photography: Ria Osborne
Discover why we LOVE coconut below