Great British Bake Off winner, John Whaite, shares his obsession for peanut butter with this amazingly Chocolate and peanut butter drip cake. Give it a go – you won’t be disappointed.
TOP TIP: Pile your favourite chocolates and sweets on top to decorate
PREP 1 HOUR
COOK 30 MINS
What you need
For the cake
450g dark muscovado sugar
180g Stork with Butter
150g caster sugar
6 large eggs
120g cocoa powder
480g self-raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the buttercream:
350g Stork with Butter
350g smooth peanut butter
500g icing sugar, sieved
For the chocolate drip:
75ml double cream
75g dark chocolate chips
Chocolates and sweets, to decorate
What you need to do:
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Grease and base line the bases of 3 x 20cm cake tins. Pour 300ml boiling water over the muscovado sugar and stir to dissolve. Set aside.
- Cream together the Stork with Butter and caster sugar until blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the buttermilk and cocoa powder and beat until smooth. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and beat until just mixed. Slowly pour in the sugar-water mixture and mix to a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 mins then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream, whisk together the Stork with Butter and peanut butter until pale and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and whisk again until smooth. Sandwich the cakes together with a layer of buttercream between each one. Cover cake with buttercream. Spoon remainder into a piping bag fitted with star nozzle. Chill the cake for 20 mins.
- For the chocolate drip, heat the cream in small pan until starting to bubble. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly then pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the cake, allowing it to run down the sides. Chill for 10 mins.
- Pipe stars of buttercream on the top and decorate with your favourite sweets and chocolates.
Per serving: 697cals, 37g fat (14g saturated), 79g carbs
SEE MORE AMAZING CAKE RECIPES BELOW: