A packet of sponge fingers drenched in cassis (blackcurrant liqueur) makes a super-easy casing for this creamy pudding.
SERVES 6 PREP 15 MINS
What you need:
50g caster sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract
6tbsp elderflower cordial
300ml double cream, whipped
175g sponge fingers
1tbsp icing sugar, sieved
What you need to do:
- Put the mascarpone into a bowl, stir in the sugar, vanilla and 2tbsp elderflower cordial. Mix to soften and combine, then fold in the cream.
- Line a 900g pudding basin with cling film. Pour 4tbsp elderflower cordial into a shallow bowl with the cassis.
- Dip a sponge finger into the red liquid and arrange around sides of pudding basin. Repeat until bowl is completely lined with boozy sponge fingers.Trim a few, to fill in gaps.
- Spoon 1/3rd of raspberries into base, then top with half the creamy mixture. Cover with ½ the remaining raspberries, then spread over the rest of the creamy mixture.
- Cover this with sponge fingers, then pour over any remaining boozy red liquid. Cover with cling film, a small plate and a couple of heavy cans to help compress. Chill for 4 hours.
- Upturn and top with the rest of the raspberries, dust with icing sugar to serve.
Per serving; 480 cals, 34g fat (21g sat fat) 37g carbs