This delicious risotto can be made so it works out at just 64p per serving – bargain!
Ready in 35 mins
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g lardons
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g risotto rice
- 1-1.2ltr vegetable stock
- 1tsp thyme leaves, plus extrato garnish, optional)
- 200g frozen soya beans
- 200g frozen peas
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Knob of butter
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the lardons and fry for 3 mins to lightly brown. Add the onion and cook for 3 mins to soften.
- Add the garlic and rice, cook for 1 min, stirring, then pour in half the stock. Stir in the thyme, season, and cook for 10 mins, stirring until the stock has been absorbed. Add half remaining stock with beans and peas and cook, stirring occasionally and adding more stock if needed, until the rice is just tender and the risotto is creamy.
- Stir in the Parmesan and butter until melted. Garnish with extra thyme.
Discover more recipes for under £1:
Nutrition per serving: 476 cals, 15g fat (5g saturates), 63g carbs