Promotional feature with Mazola
Low in fat and packed with flavour, these enchiladas will be a hit with all the family
PREPARE: 20 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
We all love Mexican food – and these tasty enchiladas can be rustled up in 4o minutes, so you can be outside enjoying an alfresco lunch in the sunshine in no time.
With minced beef (5% fat) and cheese, they make a healthy meal and won’t tip the scales. Just make sure you use a high quality oil too.
We’ve used Mazola Corn Oil to make these enchiladas, as it’s 100% pure and lower in saturated fat than olive oil and coconut oil. It also has a high smoke point, making it ideal for frying onions and browning the mince.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3tbsp of Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 500g minced beef (5% fat)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp of fajita seasoning
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- A can of black eyed beans (kidney beans work too)
- 30ml of water
- Sliced black olives
- 75g low-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 20g chopped fresh coriander
- One lime, cut into 6 wedges and salsa (optional) to serve
- Heat oven to 200C. Grease a baking tin big enough to take all of the rolled tortillas.
- In a large frying pan, warm the Mazola Corn Oil and soften the onion and pepper. Turn up the heat to brown the mince.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring well. Cook for a further five mins.
- Lay out each tortilla and fill with some of the minced beef mixture. Roll up into a sausage shape. Place in the greased baking tin. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Once in the tin, top with cheese and olives. Bake for 15-20 mins until the topping is golden and starting to crisp.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with a lime wedge and salsa (if using).
To find out more about Mazola’s range of oils, and discover more recipes, visit mazola.co.uk