Strictly Come Dancing professionals are reportedly worried they face the sack as the show’s new boss plans a mass cull.

According to reports, dancers such as Anton Du Beke and Katya Jones are worried that new executive producer Sarah James, who has taken over from Louise Rainbow, will give some of the star’s the chop.

It is claimed that the dancers will learn of their future on the show by a phone call on Tuesday, February 26.

The news comes following Pasha Kovalev’s shock departure earlier this week.

“Pasha’s surprise departure means a lot of the professionals are really worried,” a source told The Sun.

“The dancers are wondering if the new show boss is going to start a mass cull and replace a lot of the current pros. They are messaging each other frantically as they try to work out what the plans are.”

The source added, “Nobody saw Pasha leaving and the rumour mill has gone into overdrive, with everyone saying a few other names are going to be chopped — or at least announce it was their choice to leave the programme.

“Even Anton, who is almost part of the furniture, is worried he might not be asked back.”

The reported cast shake-up comes after Pasha shocked Strictly fans when he announced his retirement from the show earlier this week.

Posting a statement on Twitter, he said, “After scoring 93 perfect tens, reaching 4 finals and lifting 1 glitter ball, it’s time for me to find a new challenge and so I’ve decided to make last year – my final season on Strictly.

“I’ve had 8 fantastic years, full of wonderful memories, thanks to the incredible partners, professionals and myriad of behind the scenes teams who all work to make Strictly the amazing production that it is.

“The biggest thanks goes to all the members of the public who’ve supported me so much over these years – I look forward to seeing you on the Strictly Pro-Tour this spring, and for many future adventures to come!”

Woman has contacted a Strictly spokesperson for comment.