Blouses are no Longer Something Your Nan Would Wear – Introducing Blouses that the Fashionistas Love!
Blouses are one of the most complex items of clothing a woman can own – blouses can look dressed up, dressed down, polished or whimsical – how do you style yours?
Blouses are no longer plain, office wear – blouses can be customized, rock various prints, have collar tips added or be asymmetrical. The rise in fashionable blouses has made the boring blouses of the past stay well and truly in the back of our wardrobes. Here are our favourite types of blouses…
- Blouses with embellished collars. Add a certain something to your outfit by wearing a blouse with an embellished collar. These blouses look great when worn with jeans for the perfect ‘after work drinks’ outfit. Embellishment can come in various forms such as studs, pearls, additional materials, sequins and jewels. You can even try and embellish one of your old blouses to jazz it up too!
- Bright patterned blouses. Patterned blouses come in a variety of styles such as floral, spotted, leopard print, block colours and many more. Wear with disco pants or high waisted skinny jeans to really pull the look together.
- Jumpers layered over blouses. You can use any colour or style of blouse for this look – as long as it complements the jumper well. Wear contrasting colours for a pop of colour or wear a blouse with a really interesting design that just peeps out of a plain jumper. If both your blouse and jumper are plain, add a statement necklace that just sits underneath your collar to add some bling!
- Sheer blouses. Sheer blouses don’t have to be only worn on an evening, add a camisole or a bandeau top to cover your modesty for the daytime. In this way, these blouses can be worn day or night. Tuck into high waisted pants or a pencil skirt for day or team with disco pants or mini skirt for night. If you are feeling particularly risqué, wear a lacy bra underneath and allow it to show through – this look is best left to the evening though!
- Blouses with bows. Pussybow blouses are a great way of adding an extra something to an outfit – they sit at a midpoint between casual and overly smart. These blouses can be worn in the office during the day and at the pub later in the evening. Alternatively, grab a piece of good quality ribbon and loop it under the collar of your blouse – your old blouse is instantly updated!
- Buttoned up blouses. Channel your inner indie chick and wear your blouse buttoned up all the way to the top. This androgynous look looks great when teamed with more feminine pieces. Add a statement necklace to keep your feminine edge and you’re set to go!
Blouses have well and truly been revamped for a new fashion age. Whether you are heading into work or heading out for cocktails, there is a blouse for every occasion!