Following the success of the inaugural Walk for One Million last year at Knebworth House, Woman is teaming up with Target Ovarian Cancer for a second year to support Walk for One Million taking steps to beat ovarian cancer.
Last year, with your help we raised over
£165,000! This money raised went to Target Ovarian Cancer’s vital work. It helped to fund:
- Three new exciting research projects into better treatments for ovarian cancer.
- Events and specially developed booklets and resources which directly supported 3,500 women with ovarian cancer.
- A training tool which updated the knowledge of over 3,000 GPs on the symptoms of ovarian cancer, helping them to diagnose women earlier.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
– Register online at targetovariancancer.org.uk/wfom
– Call the fundraising team on 0845 609 9330
– Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee is £25 and you’ll need to raise a minimum of £150. We’ll be walking the 10K with an aim to make a million more women aware of the symptoms, £20 will allow Target Ovarian Cancer to continue to provide free resources to women and their families and what’s more worthy than that?
We’d love you to join us at this year’s event on Saturday 5 October at Hatfield House for what is going to be an amazing day! We can’t wait to see you there.