The singer will play London's British Summer Time Festival next July

He’s as much a part of Christmas as the Starbucks red cups and festive jumpers. And happily Michael Bublé has announced his musical comeback after putting his career on hold while his three-year-old son Noah’s battled liver cancer.

Having taken time out to be with his family, 41-year-old singer Michael will be one of the headliners at next year’s British Summer Time Festival in London’s Hyde Park.

It will be the jazz crooner’s first British gig since revealing his three-year-old son Noah’s diagnosis last November on Facebook.

Back in April, Michael’s wife Luisana Lopilato revealed their son was doing well after receiving treatment in his battle with the disease.

“Thank God, my son is well,” she said during a press conference in Buenos Aires. “When things like those occur, your take on life changes. It happened to us. Now I value life much more, the now and the today.”

Speaking in a statement to announce the new gig, Michael thanked fans for their support and patience over the last year.

“I can’t wait to come over to see my fans in London and play BST Hyde Park for my largest ever UK show,” said the four-time Grammy winner.

“You guys have been patient and I can’t thank you enough for all your support. And for those of you that haven’t seen me live, well… I just haven’t met you yet!” He literally could not help himself.

Michael will take to the stage on Friday 13 July 2018, with tickets on sale for the gig from 9am on Friday 17 November.