The perfect start to the day if you want a little energy boost and greater focus. This matcha latte recipe is bursting with antioxidants and a rare amino acid L-theanine that has a calming effect on the mind whilst keeping you alert.
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup of almond milk
- A little grated nutmeg (optional)
- Make a paste of the matcha with a little hot water
- Heat the milk in a pan with the maple syrup
- When the milk is warm, whisk in the matcha paste.
- Add a little warming nutmeg grated on top
By Tipper Lewis, Head Herbalist at Neal’s Yard Remedies