Kate’s go-to striped top suits curvy figures too!
Who said that stripes can’t be slimming? The striped Breton top is a wardrobe staple for its comfort and versatility. Just look at the Duchess of Cambridge, who has a Breton top as one of the most worn items in her royal armoire!
Plus, with the nautical trend well and truly at the top of the fashion sets’ Autumn/Winter wish list, the Breton top is set to have yet another moment in the style spotlight.
Here’s five ways you can rock a Breton top and flatter your curves at the same time!
- Team your top with black skinny jeans to show-off your legs and play down your tum. Do as Kate does and wear heels or wedges with the look, as this make your legs appear even longer.
- Avoid Breton tops with pockets, especially if they’re around the bust area. It will make your bust appear bigger and draw attention away from your fabulous waist.
- Draw the eye to one of the most delicate parts of your frame, your collarbone, with nautically-inspired details like small gold buttons around the neckline. If you’re pear shaped, neck details are great as they draw the eye upwards!
- Show-off the slimmest part of your arm with a three-quarter-length cropped sleeve.
- A belt is fab for instantly creating a waist! Add one to your Breton top and pair it with a fitted jacket to really nip you in at the waist.