Julie Brackenbury, skincare advisor to nurture protect told us, “Rosacea is a rash occurring on the face, sufferers will notice redness, dilated blood vessels and small red bumps. People who work outdoors and are exposed to sunlight are more prone to it – plus stress, spicy foods, smoking and hormones can also contribute.”
Products to try:
- Sufferers of rosacea can be prescribed a cream by their GP to reduce the inflammation so speak to your doctor.
- Wear an SPF every day. Try Nurture’s Daily Face Protector SPF30, nurtureskincare.co.uk, which is lightweight and moisturising to protect skin from the elements.
- Julie also recommends Synchrorose® that works in about 14 days to reduce redness and increase your skins tolerance to the triggers.
- Beauty editor Katie uses the Clinique Redness Relief range to sooth skin and mask flushed cheeks.
- Don’t exfoliate if you suffer from Rosacea! It will irritate the skin.
- Try to use non-perfumed products.
- Use mineral make up as it has far less chemicals
- Keep a flare-up diary so you can see when the problem gets worse
Visit rosacea-support.org for more information.
Do you use any good products to help with redness?