It’s the warming spices that make this satisfying Slimming World supper so memorable. Close your eyes and you can almost see the Sahara!
SERVES – 4
READY IN – 30 MINS
You will need:
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ras el hanout spice mix
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
2 courgettes, sliced
Low calorie cooking spray
500g dried couscous
6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
Small handful of roughly chopped fresh mint
How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Put the garlic, chilli, cinnamon and ras el hanout in a shallow bowl and season to taste. Stir in the lemon juice and add the chicken breasts, rolling them around to coat well.
3. Arrange the chicken breasts and courgette pieces in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the courgettes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Leave for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed then fluff up the grains with a fork. Stir in the tomatoes, roasted courgettes and mint and divide between plates.
5. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange the pieces alongside the couscous. This is sensational served with a spoonful of harissa paste (pick up a copy of Mediterranean Magic to find out how to make a healthy version of homemade harissa paste).
Ras el hanout is a classic Moroccan blend of aromatic spices and is available in most large supermarkets. If you can’t find any, an Indian curry powder will be just as aromatic and tasty.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s Mediterranean Magic, which is available in all Slimming World groups now. Visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000 to find your nearest group.
Photos: Slimming World/Lara Holmes.