Making your own pizza is a lot easier than you’d imagine. The key to making this more slimming is that – this ONE pizza serves 4. Promise you won’t be hungry!
PREP 15 MINS PLUS PROVING
COOK 45 MINS
- 125g strong bread flour
- 7g sachet instant active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful of baby spinach leaves
- a little grated nutmeg
- 120g ricotta
- a pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- Put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in 75ml of warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Dust a surface very lightly with flour, turn out the dough and knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover until you’re ready to roll it out.
- Put the shallots, garlic, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and most of the basil into a saucepan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 25 minutes, until you have a thick, spreadable sauce. Season well, scatter over a little more basil.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6. Then, on a very lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a very thin rectangle.
- Slide it onto a preheated baking sheet, lined with non-stick baking parchment, and spread with the tomato sauce.
- Scatter the spinach leaves over the pizza and grate a little nutmeg over the leaves. Spoon dollops of ricotta on top and sprinkle chilli flakes over the ricotta.
- Season well and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden.
Credit: Slimming World’s Fakeaways. Photos: Gareth Morgans.