Make up a basic bolognese sauce (with a few extra veg), ditch the pasta and cook up this vegetable version with courgetti for a guilt-free mid-week dinner the whole family will love!
Few squirts Fry Light extra virgin olive oil
400g lean minced beef
1tsp chicken seasoning
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 celery stick, chipped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 courgette, diced
400g can cherry tomatoes
3tbsp tomato puree
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
200ml beef stock
For the spaghetti:
1 vegetable stock pot
4 carrots, cut into thin strands
4 courgettes, cut into thin strands
What to do:
- Heat a large frying pan with a few squirts of Fry Light, add the mince, season with black pepper, add the chicken seasoning and fry for 10 mins to brown.
- Add onion and cook for 5 mins, to soften.
- Stir in the garlic, celery, red pepper and courgette and cook for a couple of mins.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and stock. Cover and simmer for 25 mins until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, put the stock pot into a large pan with boiling water, add the carrots and courgettes and cook for 2 mins, to soften. Drain and serve with the Bolognese sauce.
Per serving: 247 calories, 10.8g fat (4.8g saturated), 15.2g carbs