If you fancy some fresh British meat why not try duck? Gressingham Duck legs are delicious with a variety of accompaniments, in this case a tasty sweet chilli sauce.
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour and 30 minutes
• 2 Gressingham duck legs
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground paprika
• Salt and pepper
• 200g sweet chilli sauce for cooking and extra for dipping
• 150g mixed leaves
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC, Fan 160oC, Gas Mark 4
2. Season the duck legs with salt and pepper on both sides. Then mix the cumin and paprika together in a bowl and rub in to the legs. Place the duck legs on a wire rack on a baking tray and put in them in the oven. Cook for approx 1 hour and 10 minutes and take out of the oven. Pour the chilli sauce over the 2 legs and return to the oven on a lower temperature of 160oC for 20 minutes.
3. Take the duck legs out of the oven and allow to cool for a short period of time. Shred the duck with 2 forks and discard the bones. Divide the mixed leaves onto 2 plates and top with the shredded duck. Garnish with spring onions and serve with extra sweet chilli sauce.
Gressingham has lots of recipes along with “how-to” videos on their website gressinghamduck.co.uk.