Every member of the family will love this quirky take on a traditional pizza. It’s great for brunch, breakfast or as a substantial snack, and the portobello mushrooms make it a tasty way to up your family’s veg intake.
SERVES 4 AS A STARTER, OR 2 AS A MAIN
PREPARE: 10 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
66 Calories per portion
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, peeled
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20g black olives, sliced
- 80g reduced-fat mozzarella, drained, sliced and torn
- A handful of basil leaves, roughly torn (10g)
- Salad leaves (optional)
- Drizzle of either balsamic glaze or pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Remove and slice the mushroom stalks and place with the tomatoes in a roasting tin with the olive oil and garlic. Season and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the mushrooms on a baking tray, stalk side up.
- When the tomato mixture is ready, spoon into the mushrooms, scatter with the sliced olives and top with the mozzarella
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is nicely golden.
- Season with some freshly ground black pepper, then serve scattered with the basil leaves and a crisp green salad, drizzled balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses.