A great start to any day, Pippa enjoys this breakfast after a good workout in the gym. She says of the ultimate Pippa Middleton breakfast, “This is a tasty dish with a Latin American feel to it, especially with added green chillies.”
“The combination of starchy carbohydrate from the tortilla wrap and the protein from the yoghurt and eggs provides a healthy kickstart to the day. This dish is also a great refuelling snack after exercise.”
PREPARE: 5 MINS
COOK: 5–7 MINS
- 2 wholemeal or seeded tortilla wraps
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 100g quark or low-fat natural yoghurt
- Squeeze of lemon
- A handful of fresh coriander (10g)
- 2 medium eggs
- To serve: Olive oil, finely sliced red or green spring onions and small green chillies
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Place each wrap on a baking sheet.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the quark or yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon juice and coriander. Spread this avocado mix evenly over each wrap allowing a 1 cm border around the edge, with a slight hollow in the centre.
- Crack the egg in the centre and bake in the oven for 5–7 minutes, or until the egg is set and the yolk is the way you like it.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper, then scatter with finely sliced spring onions and fresh green chilli, if liked.
Note: Try varying this recipe by topping with different combinations of seeds, dill, cucumber and Watercress Pesto
343 Kcal/1437 kJ
Discover more delicious Pippa Middleton recipes and her diet secrets…
Taken from Heartfelt, a heart-healthy recipe book written by Pippa Middleton for the British Heart Foundation