Oh hazelnut spread, how we love you.
May is Nutella’s birthday month… and they’re 50! To celebrate they want to say “thank you” to fans across the world through the ‘Nutella – 50 Years Full of Stories’ campaign.
They want you to share your most memorable moments involving Nutella. Submit your story – it can be a written piece, a picture, or a video, by uploading it to nutellastories.com.
Every person who submits a story will receive a personalised name label for a 400g jar of Nutella and will also be entered into a prize draw to win merchandise.
To celebrate the big birthday, we’ve rustled up some Nutella and banana pancakes. Delicious.
- 110g / 4oz self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml / 1/4 pint semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chopped bananas
- 15g / 2 heaped teaspoons Nutella
- Place the flour, baking powder, eggs and milk into a large bowl and whisk together to make a smooth batter.
- In a non-stick small frying pan heat the vegetable oil.
- Using a ladle, pour in a ladleful of batter (about 2 tablespoons), lifting and swirling the pan so that the batter covers the base in a thin layer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown underneath and just set, and flip over until underside is also golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and set aside to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Spread the pancakes with Nutella and arrange the sliced banana on top.