A delicious stuffed mushrooms recipe with mozzarella and pesto that comes in under 400 calories per serving and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
- 8 portobello mushrooms, wiped clean
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 120g smoked bacon lardons
- 145g pot basil pesto
- 125g pack half-fat mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted, spread with low-fat spread and halved
- Salad leaves,to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6. Put the mushrooms, bottom side up, on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking tray. Drizzle over the oil, turn the mushrooms over and divide the lardons between the mushrooms.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Scoop out some of the lardons and set aside. Top each mushroom with 1tbsp pesto and the torn mozzarella. Scatter the reserved lardons over the top and return to the oven for 4-5 mins until golden and bubbling.
- Put each mushroom on a piece of toast, top with freshly ground black pepper and serve with salad leaves.
Per serving: 348 cals, 20g fat (6g saturated), 25g carbs
Food Ed’s tip: Replace the bacon with 1 deseeded and chopped red pepper for a meat-free stuffed mushrooms recipe
More low-cal meal options:
Fed-up of the same boring dinners and weekend lunches? Then why not try a tasty, low calorie stir fry –…
Don't order a takeaway this week, make it instead
Less calories without compromising on the flavour - win!
Watch our 15 second video and find out how you can make a dough-less, delicious pizza at home!