A deliciously decadent treat that you can enjoy without guilt, as these little cups are full of mood enhancing minerals, vitamins and antioxidants – and they’re super tasty!
Ingredients for the salted goldenberry crush:
- 1/4 cup goldenberries (soak for 2-4 hours, then save the water)
- 10ml goldenberry water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
Ingredients for the homemade chocolate:
- 1/2 cup unrefined/virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut palm sugar (or other sweetener)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Drain the soaked goldenberries and make sure to save 10ml of the soak water
- Blitz all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until you get a paste – then put this to one side
- Add all ingredients for the homemade chocolate into a bowl, and mix thoroughly (If coconut oil is solid, place the jar in a bigger bowl of hot water until liquid).
- Spoon a little of the chocolate mix into the mini paper cups and place in freezer. Leave them there until they are solid.
- Once they are solid, place a little of the goldenberry paste on top of each chocolaty layer
- After filling the cups with the remaining chocolate mix, sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt and re-freeze until solid
- Enjoy your healthy salted chocolate cups!
By Tipper Lewis, Head Herbalist at Neal’s Yard Remedies