Vegan banana pancakes which are gluten, dairy and sugar free! This blend of oats, almonds and flax makes each pancake brilliantly thick with a perfectly warm, squishy middle – enjoy sweet indulgence without worrying about the consequences!
Makes 4 large pancakes
– 140g of gluten free oats
– 90g of ground almonds
– 225ml of water
– 35g of ground flaxseed
– 2 ripe bananas
– 2 tablespoons of either pure maple syrup, raw honey or raw agave
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– a pinch of sea salt
– coconut oil for cooking
For the topping:
– 1 ripe banana
– a handful of blueberries
– a handful of strawberries
– walnut pieces
– pure maple syrup
1. Start by placing the oats into a food processor, blend for about a minute or two until they form a smooth dusty flour.
2. Then slice the bananas, adding them and the remaining ingredients (except the blueberries) into the processor with the oats – blend until a smooth mixture forms. The mix should turn out nice and quite thick, not too runny.
3. Transfer the mix out of the processor and into a mixing bowl, this makes putting spoons of it into the pan so much easier. If you’re using blueberries stir these through now.
4. Then place a saucepan on the heat for a minute or two, once it is really hot add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and allow it to melt.
5. Once it has melted add a quarter of the mix to the middle of the saucepan, using your spoon to shape it into a spoon. After about a minute check the bottom of the pancake, if its cooked then flip it over and allow the other side to cook for another minute.
6. Then remove the pancake, add another teaspoon of coconut oil and go again
7. Cover the stack with maple syrup, blueberries, walnut crumbles and strawberries and serve.