Pizza isn’t off the menu if you’re following a gluten free diet. This delicious Italian treat, loaded with aubergines, peppers, prosciutto and more, is gluten-free and still packing a huge amount of flavour – enjoy!
PREP 25 MINS
COOK 20 MINS
250g (9oz) gluten-free white bread flour
1tsp easy-blend yeast
1tbsp caster sugar
150ml (1/4pt) hand hot water
1/2tsp malt vinegar
2tbsp olive oil
For the topping:
100g (4oz) baby aubergines, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
4tbsp tomato passata
150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
25g (1oz) olives
3 slices of prosciutto
A few rocket and basil leaves as garnish
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the yeast, salt and sugar. Mix the water, vinegar and oil together and stir into the flour mixture so it forms a soft and slightly sticky dough.
2. Oil the work surface, then turn out the dough and knead it until smooth (It won’t need working for too long). Roll out to a circle 25cm (10in) in diameter and place onto a large baking tray.
3. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise for about 20 minutes.
4. Set the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Spread the pizza base with the tomato passata, then lay the baby aubergine slices, red pepper, tomatoes and olives on top. Tear up the prosciutto and arrange on top as well.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until the base is golden and crisp. Serve garnished with the fresh rocket and basil leaves.
Per serving: 328 calories, 8.5g fat (1.5g saturated), 54g carbohydrate.
This recipe has been taken from woman&home’s Eating Smart magazine, a magazine dedicated to gluten and dairy free eating.